MY TOYS CAME ALIVE LAST NIGHT

crocodile driving fire engine
















My toys came alive last night.

When a fire truck drove into my bed,

I knew something wasn’t right.


I opened one eye,

To find my crocodile driving.

He was waving goodbye.


He knocked over the night light,

And whizzed past my bear,

Who jumped up with a fright.


That woke up my train set,

Which went CHOO CHOO CHOO,

And bumped into a vet.


My toy soldiers marched past.

They climbed onto the tracks,

And jumped off very fast.


My sister’s doll was smiling,

As she got whisked away,

By the plane that was flying.


I thought it was all a dream,

Until Paddington Bear,

Brought me cookies and cream.


Then my dinosaur winked at me,

And said with a grin,

“Get up, Sleepyhead! Join me for tea.”


So I had tea with my toys.

We had the best time,

And made lots of noise.


But when morning came,

They all dozed off.

I almost did the same.


But I suddenly realised,

As I lay on my stool,

That they had all day to sleep,

But I had to get up for school!