DAVID AND GOLIATH


David and Goliath


















Goliath was so big and tall,

His enemies shook with fear.

“I dare you, men of Saul!”

He shouted loud and clear.


“Pick a man to fight with me,

Then we'll see who’s strong.”

The Israelites all ran to flee,

They didn’t stay too long.


But David said, “Don’t fear!

We belong to God.

My sling can beat Goliath’s spear,

Even though you think it’s odd.”


“God has rescued me from bears,

He has saved me from a lion,

I will give him all my cares,

He will save me from this giant.”


Saul looked a little worried,

He gave him his big sword,

David shook his head and hurried,

As Goliath stomped and roared.


Wearing ten gazillion things,

Goliath crossed the field,

He weighed as much as twenty kings,

With his javelin, sword and shield.


David ran with staff in hand,

Five pebbles and a sling,

With God he knew he’d stand,

And planned which stone to fling.


Goliath looked at David’s staff.

“Is that a stick for playing fetch?

I’m no dog,” he laughed.

“I can squish you with one stretch.”


Trusting in God’s providence,

Despite the giant’s grin,

David spoke with confidence,

Knowing he could win.


“I am not afraid of you,

God is on my side.

There’s nothing you can say or do,

To make me run and hide.”


He raised his slingshot in the air,

The giant watched it swing,

The stone came for his hair,

And hit him with a ping.


He staggered back,

And stopped his grinning,

Then with a crack,

He went down spinning.


The Israelites cheered,

The Philistines fled,

Not one of them sneered,

They trembled instead.


God had won the day,

And David was his man.

We can be as brave today,
When God’s with us, we can. 


David Goliath printable funny kids' poem